Decorating a Soccer Banquet

I am in charge of planning a JV soccer banquet for both boys and girls. Our colors are black and yellow gold and our mascot is a tiger. We don't have a theme, just basically any soccer decoration ideas are needed. Thank you so much for any help.

Melodee from Alamogordo, NM

I will try to help you brainstorm about your decorations, The first thing I would do is sweet talk hubby or a friend into cutting 10 small and one large thin slab of wood and drill a hole to hold red candles except for the cake table where I would use silver or white candles.

If you have the time get photos of the soccer players so that you can cut out their pictures in a circle or an oval and use heavy paper from the dollar store in red and white. It is very inexpensive and will serve as a frame. Glue on a slight angle to the wood.

Now purchase enough matchbox fire engines to put in the middle of every arrangement except the large one for the head table where the fire engine should be larger. You could also add styrofoam balls with the lines drawn by a black marker or stuff little white rounds of material. Get some dry moss and place it on the open parts of the piece of wood.

Again go to a dollar store and pick up red and white silk flowers. If there are multiple stems you can cut them and then glue them in a balanced fashion to the mossy areas. Everything must be that much larger for the head tablecenterpiece and the 16 picture will be glued at an angle on this one.

Wall decorations could be hand drawn soccerballs, nets and goal posts. Try to get red, black and white tableclothes to keep the theme going. Try to find a ladder truck from one of the youngsters whose parents are involved and place itby or on the cake table with the ladder leaning at a decent angle to a nice clean soccer ball.

One last idea is to get two very tall branches and coil red lights around it ater you have stripped off the leaves and place them where they wll be most effecive. Good luck with whatever you do which I'm sure will be perfect!

Bev

Try http://www.orientaltrading.com" rel="nofollow" target="new">http://www.orientaltrading.com you can buy stuff by the bulk cheap!

I got plastic firehats from an insurance company in town for my girl scout troop. They often do fire safety programs and are happy to donate to a school organization. Walmart had some of the small soft soccer balls for under a dollar that I used last year for my son's high school soccer banquet. You could also ask around to borrow firetrucks from local day cares or nurseries. I have bought a few items then returned them the next day.

I need some ideas for decorating a High School Soccer Banquet. Their theme is "We're On Fire" and had their pictures taken in front of a Firetruck. I need decorations for a head table that seats 16 Seniors and 8 round tables for the rest of the team and friends. Then the buffet table and cake table. I thought of candles, firetrucks and firemen hats, small soccer balls, etc. but where do I get these things without spending an arm & a leg? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Melodee, If you can find them cheaply enough, you could cover tables with yellow (or black) table-covers and accessorize with black (or yellow), e.g. place-names or place-mats, as long as the colours contrast you can use whichever combination. For centerpieces you could paint terracotta pots with black stripes for a tiger effect and maybe fill with yellow and black balloons on spikes and buy some cheap polystyrene balls and use felt pens to decorate like small soccer balls and place around the pot. Or you could make temporary place-mats using black or yellow card and painting soccer shirt numbers on them! I hope this helps a little :)

I am in need of some ideas on how to make some inexpensive soccer center pieces for my sons 13th Bday party. He is having a dance at a local hotel & most of the guests play club soccer. Helppp!!!

Athletic Banquet
Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsOctober 29, 2005
Fireman
Fireman's Banquet Decorations
Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
cheerleaders holding up pons
Cheerleader Banquet Decoration Ideas
Dome shaped cake decorated like a soccer ball with green frosting along the base to mimic grass
Making A Soccer Cake
🎉
🎄