Making A Soccer Cake
A soccer ball shaped cake may just what your want for an upcoming birthday or athletic banquet event. This is a page about making a soccer cake.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This soccer ball cake is easy to make and is perfect for a birthday party. All you need is buttercream icing and a variety of tips to make this fun cake.
- 6 cups icing, medium consistency**
- 3 icing bags
- 3 tip couplers
- Tip 3 (for outlines)
- Tip 16 (for stars)
- Tip 233 (for grass)
- black and green icing colors
**Note: Please refer to the buttercream recipe for instructions on thinning down icing to get the proper consistency.
- Start by baking your cake according to the directions and let cool completely.
- Make or buy your icing and divide it as follows: 1 cup green, 1 cup black, 4 cups white.
- Prepare a piping bag and attach Tip 3 using a coupler. Put your black icing into the bag. Follow the indented lined (made by the pan) on the cake and outline the sections of the soccer ball.
- Next, starting at the top of your cake, begin to make your stars in the hexagon. Tip: Slightly rotate your hand as you make the stars (left and then right) so that they nest together and the cake does not show in between them. Once you are finished with this top shape, I recommend that you work on the white shapes surrounding it so that you do not accidentally make the shapes the wrong colors.
- Prepare a piping bag with a coupler and Tip 16. Fill this bag with your white icing. Fill all of the hexagon shapes (around the top black one) with white stars.
- Once these are done, use your black piping bag to fill in the other black shapes. *Remember that there will be white shapes in between each of these!
- Now using your white piping bag, complete the cake by filling in the remaining white shapes.
- Finally, prepare your green piping bag with a coupler and Tip 233. This tip will allow you to make the grass around the soccer ball. Place the tip close to the cake plate/board and begin squeezing icing out (to adhere the grass), then pull up to make the grass blades. Stop squeezing and pull away when the grass is at a length that you like. Work your way around the cake.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.