Using Panty Hose with a Run in One Leg

With being a waitress for 23 years, I went through a lot of pantyhose, and 9 times out of 10, only 1 leg got snagged resulting in a run. When this happens, tie a knot in the bad leg before washing and save that pair. When you have 2 bad legs, cut off the bad legs, like medium shorts length, so they don't roll up, then put each of them on and you have a whole pair, it's also a tummy tightener. In other words, you have 2 panties on top with 2 single legs. This saves a lot of money.

By mi3suns from Lexington, NC

Great tip. Thanks.

I also save my "holey" ones to ware with slacks.

April 12, 2011 Flag

To get more use out of your pantyhose when you have a run in one leg, cut off the ruined leg and save the good part. When you get a run in another pair, cut off the ruined leg. Now you have two good parts to wear as one pair.

Source: Learned to do this so long ago that I can't remember where I learned it.

By Judy from Frederic, MI

Answers:

Using Panty Hose with a Run in One Leg

I am glad that I am not the only person in the world who does this! I think it is quite a money saver. (10/23/2008)

By louel53

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingApril 12, 2011
sewing
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Lace Garter Belt
Buying a Garter Belt
Woman with a leg cramp.
Remedies for Leg Cramps
Pantyhose
Uses for Old Pantyhose
🎄