Recovering Chairs With Vinyl

I am putting new seat covers on my dinning room chair. I am using vinyl and I can't figure out how to cut the corners so they won't be so thick. Is there tricks to this and what are they.
Thanks.

Deb from Livonia, MI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try cutting a triangle shaped wedge out of the corners of the plastic. Cut it just deep enough so that it covers the seat, and the overlap the corners and staple. I suggest making a newspaper pattern first and seeing how it works before cutting the vinyl.

Also, are you heating the vinyl slightly to make it more pliable? This could be done by using a hair dryer to heat the part that you are working with. Practice with some scraps before actually upholstering.

Dining room chair with a vinyl seat.
Recovering Vinyl Chairs
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingAugust 17, 2007
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:44:08 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.