Use for Crystal Light Canisters

Many food packages are perfect for reusing in crafts or for other types of storage. This is a guide about use for Crystal Light canisters.

Crystal Light Canister
Filter Sort

Question: Use for Crystal Light Canisters

By Cheryl 8 38

I am on Nutrisystem and using Crystal Light like it is going out of style. Any ideas on what to do with the containers? They are a nice weight with a lid and other then storing little things in I just can't think of something else to do with them. Perhaps some craft ideas? I sew, do machine embroidery and a lot of crafting, so can tackle most anything.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda Daniels 3 Flag

I use crystal light containers as molds when making polenta. After cooking, I let the mixture cool slightly, spoon it into the container sprayed lightly with cooking spray and chill. When I'm ready to use, I unmold it, slice and reuse the container for next time! Saves lots of money, too, since grits can be made for pennies and buying the same size roll of polenta in the store is pretty pricey!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Crystal Lite Containers for Crochet Hooks

The large containers for crystal lite and such are a great holder for crochet hooks and nuts and bolts. The bottle of wine holders that everyone is selling is super for knit needles.

By CHEAPERTHANCHEAP

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cut Down Crystal Light Canisters For Smaller Containers

By Kathy 64 333

You can cut the canister down to whatever size you need and the lid will still fit. My brother showed me this the other day. He gave me an assortment of drill bits and put them in a little plastic holder. When I asked him where he got it, he said he cut it down from a Crystal Light canister.

I always wondered what I could use them for because I hated to throw them away, but they had limited use since they were tall. Why didn't I think of that? Now my brother thought of it and I'm sharing it with you.

Source: My brother

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Saving Powdered Beverage Containers for Crafts

By Jeanne 1 1

I save the containers for Crystal Light and use them to store beads, buttons, wire, and more.

By jmscrochet from Peabody, MA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Use for Crystal Light Containers

By Cisco's Mom 15 148

We have lots of those really nice clear plastic Crystal Light containers with a lid. There just has to be something useful to do with them. I'm counting on your help or they are all going into the recycle bin. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cinnamon C. 21 Flag

would you be willing to mail them to someone who could make use of them for beading?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 17, 2013
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      Film Canister
      Uses for Film Canisters
      Crystal Decanter
      Using Lead Crystal
      Crystal Chandelier
      Making a Crystal Chandelier
      Red Wine in Crystal Glass on Black
      Cleaning Crystal
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 3:09:40 PM on 10.0.2.170 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings