Use for Crystal Light Canisters

Many food packages are perfect for reusing in crafts or for other types of storage. This is a guide about use for Crystal Light canisters.

Crystal Light Canister

September 12, 2007 Flag

I am on Nutrisystem and using Crystal Light like it is going out of style. Any ideas on what to do with the containers? They are a nice weight with a lid and other then storing little things in I just can't think of something else to do with them. Perhaps some craft ideas? I sew, do machine embroidery and a lot of crafting, so can tackle most anything.

I made some great gift holders with mine. I used felt to make a nutcracker, gluing a pom to the lid for the busby style hat. Then I put in my smaller gift, men's socks. I can see this as a baby bottle filled with small items for a baby shower too. Glue a real nipple to the lid. I also glued a bunch side to side in a circle, without the lids and glued to a piece of light plywood cut in a circle. Attached to a wall, its a perfect cubby for pencils, crayons, short rulers, small scissors in my craft room

I use these containers to store crackers after they have been opened. They fit right back in the box. They fit round, oval, and some square crackers. Great if you have kids! No more stale crackers.

I use them as a fish bowl for my beta fish.

I have found the canisters are just a perfect fit for the make up remover rounds. I put them in the canister with alcohol, then I am ready to clean my face with very little effort! Daughter freaks out over cleaning my face with alcohol. Oh Well!!!

February 9, 2005 Flag

The large containers for crystal lite and such are a great holder for crochet hooks and nuts and bolts. The bottle of wine holders that everyone is selling is super for knit needles.

Good idea. I use them to mix my protein drinks when the blender is otherwise in use.

Good Idea,

I have been looking for some kind of storage ideas.

Also, my lil' brother is a diabetic and has to have 3

insulin shots per day and we use those also!

I loved the rounded Crystal Lite Holders and used one for the car for change. That way when we go through the drive-thru and get change we just pop it in the holder which fits nicely in the beverage holder in the console.

March 8, 2011 Flag

I save the containers for Crystal Light and use them to store beads, buttons, wire, and more.

By jmscrochet from Peabody, MA

I use them to carry ritz crackers or small round cookies when I am traveling. That is also a good way to send cookies and ritz in lunches,

July 17, 2013 Flag

You can cut the canister down to whatever size you need and the lid will still fit. My brother showed me this the other day. He gave me an assortment of drill bits and put them in a little plastic holder. When I asked him where he got it, he said he cut it down from a Crystal Light canister.

I always wondered what I could use them for because I hated to throw them away, but they had limited use since they were tall. Why didn't I think of that? Now my brother thought of it and I'm sharing it with you.

Source: My brother

July 6, 2015 Flag

We have lots of those really nice clear plastic Crystal Light containers with a lid. There just has to be something useful to do with them. I'm counting on your help or they are all going into the recycle bin. Thank you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

would you be willing to mail them to someone who could make use of them for beading?

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 17, 2013
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Crystal Chandelier
Making a Crystal Chandelier
Red Wine in Crystal Glass on Black
Cleaning Crystal
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows