Jelly Won't Set Up

My pear jelly won't gel. I made it from Asian pears (apple pear).

By Carol from Granger, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Did you use lemon juice in the jelly? If not pour it back in the pot and heat with lemon juice. Or chop up some apples and put in with it.

Recook it using pectin there is recipe on the bottom of the recipe page to recook jelly that won't set, and then process in water bath as usual. I found that using liquid pectin with any kind of berries my jelly won't set, so I have switched to powder pectin only, Good luck.

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyAugust 12, 2010
Homemade Jelly (Puffy Paint) Accessories
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes
A photo of homemade jelly.
Fixing Jelly That Set Too Hard
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:57:35 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.