Jelly Won't Set Up

My pear jelly won't gel. I made it from Asian pears (apple pear).

By Carol from Granger, TX

Did you use lemon juice in the jelly? If not pour it back in the pot and heat with lemon juice. Or chop up some apples and put in with it.

Recook it using pectin there is recipe on the bottom of the recipe page to recook jelly that won't set, and then process in water bath as usual. I found that using liquid pectin with any kind of berries my jelly won't set, so I have switched to powder pectin only, Good luck.

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyAugust 12, 2010
Homemade Jelly (Puffy Paint) Accessories
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes
Beet Jelly
Beet Jelly Recipes
A photo of homemade jelly.
Fixing Jelly That Set Too Hard
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 2:10:05 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.