Homemade Jelly (Puffy Paint) Accessories
Jelly or puffy paint can be used to make pretty jewelry and hair accessories. This is a guide about homemade jelly (puffy paint) accessories
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love making these colourful jelly accessories. All it takes is some puffy paint and some yarn.
Total Time: 10 minutes, overnight to dry
Yield: 1 accessory
- 1 puffy paint pen
- wax paper
- 1 pencil
- optional printed design
- If you are using a printed design, place the wax paper on top of it so you can trace with your paint. If you're doing freehand (like my demonstration), lay wax paper down on a workspace that won't be interrupted overnight. Or use a piece of cardboard you can move when it's time to dry. Start drawing on the wax paper. This will be your guide for the puffy paint.
- Slowly draw on your image with the puffy paint.
- Make sure your lines are all connected and thick enough so they don't rip when you peel it later on. Let dry for 6 hours or overnight.
- Peel design off wax paper. If it sticks, you can run it under cold water and rub it gently between your fingers. The paper will rub right off.
- Add yarn as a fastener, tie on, and show off your new jewelry! I also like to wear them in my hair.
August 17, 20160 found this helpful
Look at this intricate jewelry created from puffy paint designs. Learn how to make it with this short video.