Homemade Jelly (Puffy Paint) Accessories
Jelly or puffy paint can be used to make pretty jewelry and hair accessories. This is a page about homemade jelly (puffy paint) accessories
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love making these colourful jelly accessories. All it takes is some puffy paint and some yarn.
Total Time: 10 minutes, overnight to dry
Yield: 1 accessory
- 1 puffy paint pen
- wax paper
- 1 pencil
- optional printed design
- If you are using a printed design, place the wax paper on top of it so you can trace with your paint. If you're doing freehand (like my demonstration), lay wax paper down on a workspace that won't be interrupted overnight. Or use a piece of cardboard you can move when it's time to dry. Start drawing on the wax paper. This will be your guide for the puffy paint.
- Slowly draw on your image with the puffy paint.
- Make sure your lines are all connected and thick enough so they don't rip when you peel it later on. Let dry for 6 hours or overnight.
- Peel design off wax paper. If it sticks, you can run it under cold water and rub it gently between your fingers. The paper will rub right off.
- Add yarn as a fastener, tie on, and show off your new jewelry! I also like to wear them in my hair.
Look at this intricate jewelry created from puffy paint designs. Learn how to make it with this short video.