Styling Puffy Hair

Category Styling
Puffy or very curly hair can be a challenge to style. This is a guide about styling puffy hair.

I have puffy hair and it's wavy so when I try to straighten it, it doesn't work. It gets a little better but not much. I want to know how to get it to calm down and not be so dang puffy.

Jodi

Answers

By wan. (Guest Post)

Hi try to use bio silk it works great.

I go to hair care for Afro hair and find the spray
on conditioner. I have thick coarse hair and this
makes it lay better and feel nice...and smell good too. and also the tube of blue gel put a dab or two on your wet hair come out and it comes out fine.
It usually has same stuff that $$ costly stuff does but cheaper my sis does hair and gave me that thrifty tip years ago.

By Fran (Guest Post)

Try using John?? Frieda's "Friz Ease hair syrum" ( it's in a purple container and can be found at Walmart. It's under $5.) It's in an eyedropper type bottle.

Just a small dab rubbed into your hands them rubbed through hair really helps friz and doesn't weigh down your hair. Trust me...I tried alot and I had hair that looked like I stuck my finger in a light socket!

By cassy (Guest Post)

Use Jhon Freeda's Frizzies step 5 hair de frizzer. Trust me it works

By erika (Guest Post)

i have really puffy hair and its also wavy. i barely got a medium haircut because it got really damaged with the straighting iron. I want straight silky hair what can i do it short and puffy now. my hair size is like this pic and i want it this straight thanks...

By puffyhair101 (Guest Post)

I have had EXTREMELY puffy hair since i was really young. I always wore it in a ponytail or messybun, until i found Sunsilk Anti Poof.

It's the blue bottle-shampoo and conditioner-and it works great!

By moony (Guest Post)

hi i have got a curly hair and i want it to be straight ? what can i do ? please help me ?

By elizabeth (Guest Post)

i have really puffy hair when i brush it and i don't know what hairstyle i can do with it anymore. its all the same boring stuff!
i need some help! if you have tips and stuff please post.

By Sarah (Guest Post)

hey i'm black and my hair only goes straight when i straighten it, which is like everyday, and its breaking, any solutions? thanks bye

By lousie (Guest Post)

everytime i take a shower my hair is fine, i would put sunsilk on it.. and it would come nice curly a lil frizz but when i brush it my hair poofs like ...

GREATLY. its like i have an afro. i hate it! what can i do?

By Phina (Guest Post)

My hair is amazingly poofy too. I also use bio silk, but that isn't all. I also use girl toys from bedhead, and a smoothing creme from herbal essances. I also use a hydrating conditioner and shampoo. For those of you whos hair is breaking from straightening, make sure you use a heat protecting spray. its a life saver! Also, Using home remedies on your hair can work wonders. There are a lot of recipes online for those.

Pur hair in a bun on top of head and wear long bangs.
That's what I do.

My hair is very puffy. When I straighten it, it gets puffy too. Everyday I have my hair in a pony tail because of my ugly hair. How can I get it to look not so puffy?

By Mary from Aiken, SC

I need to know how to do nice easy hairstyles for my puffy hair before school.

By trunk.of.funk1