Styling Puffy Hair

Category Styling
Puffy or very curly hair can be a challenge to style. This is a page about styling puffy hair.

I have puffy hair and it's wavy so when I try to straighten it, it doesn't work. It gets a little better but not much. I want to know how to get it to calm down and not be so dang puffy.

Jodi

Answers

By alison (Guest Post)
Best Answer

for wavy hair, BLOW DRY YOUR HAIR. When it is half dry after shower, Blow dry it with a hair brush, (preferably the wider spaced ones, less damaging to hair), Starting from the lowest and innermost layer, (therefore you'd have to clip/tie the upper layers away) and blow it in a downward motion, and slightly curl it inwards as you come to the end tip of your hair, giving it a natural curl-in effect. Best if u apply heat control cream before blowdrying to prevent overheating of hair.
For more curly hair, i think the only way is to use a hair straightener. REMEMBER to use hair protection cream. ask your hairdresser about it. they are not expensive. or else your hair will look like dry grass.

My hair is very puffy. When I straighten it, it gets puffy too. Everyday I have my hair in a pony tail because of my ugly hair. How can I get it to look not so puffy?

By Mary from Aiken, SC

Answers

Best Answer

Grow your hair out longer. The shorter it is, it will get thicker. I would suggest getting a nice hair straightener such as a CHI or ION. they are 80-100 dollars but they are worth it. Straightening it in small sections. Good luck.

Best Answer

Try getting your hair cut in layers. I have long thick hair that I have to keep cut in layers to get the poof out. Layering takes the bulkiness out of your hair and helps it lay down better. I have long hair that I keep cut in layers, otherwise I have hair everywhere it seems like.

I don't like to use a lot of product in my hair and the layering helps to avoid that. Also the In Styler works really well. We use that when my granddaughter wants to straighten her natural curly hair, works much better than a flat iron. Good luck, bad hair days are the worst.

I need to know how to do nice easy hairstyles for my puffy hair before school.

By trunk.of.funk1

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingJuly 22, 2013
🎃
🎂
🌻