AdviceFood Tips

Buying Foods For Chocolate Fountain

I am having a dinner reception for my newly married daughter. She has always wanted a chocolate fountain for when she got married. I bought her one for the occasion. The chocolate fountain will be the main dessert with a cake. How many pints of strawberries, pretzels, marshmallows would I need for this event?

Suzanne from East Coast

For how many guests? I would think that two or three of each item per person would be enough, along with the cake.

That sounds right. We will be having 30 guests. After a full buffet, cake and chocolate fountain, 2 - 3 pieces makes sense. Thanks

It depends on how many you are serving! Remember also - you can do things like angel food cake cut up into squares... anything YOU FOLKS like with chocolate GOES. As far as how much it depends on how many attending.

My wife and I were in Vancouver B.C. last year and the hotel had a never ending chocolate bar. They had honeydew and cantaloupe on the menu. Just thought I would pass that along to let you know that there is a wide range of things that you can use.