Clean Your Area Rugs at The Car Wash

Take your area rugs to the car wash to get them super clean! I have done this numerous times with a helper and a truck, and know others who do the same. It's amazing to see the dirt run out off the rug! Then roll them up and load them onto the back of a truck. At home lay the rugs out to dry on the grass or on a sturdy fence.

What an AWSOME idea! I knew there must be a way to do this! Thank you very much.

Joanna

I have a friend whose husband found a large area rug that someone had thrown out. He loaded it in the back of his pickup truck, took it to the car wash, loaded in back in his pickup, left it to dry and put it in the house. When I was visiting, I asked my friend where they got the beautiful new rug. I nearly dropped my teeth when I heard the story. I was so impressed. But where I live it's illegal to put things on the curb; we have to use a dumpster otherwise I'd be shopping from the curbs.

OK, dumb question.... You are talking about the self-serve car washes, correct? The kind where you wash your own car with the pressure wash?

That's a great idea! I would have never thought of taking my large rugs to the car wash! Thank you so much for the idea!

This is a great idea. I have 3 area rugs that are in desperate need of cleaning. I was going to take them to the laundromat and put them in a large machine, but this idea is great. Thanks!

Mary Moo : yes.Self Serve.I have even gone so far to give them a wax to help repel the dirt.It hasn't harmed any of the rugs in the least.

Post By (Guest Post)with cool story of the curb find:

Yes,it's amazing how clean the rugs come & so inexpensivly.

I have watched as dirt ran out of mine that I got from my older step-sister.The fringe was so filthy I would really have done without if using the carwash hadn't worked.

It turned out very very impressively clean.I've mentionined it more than several times to people.

I'm glad the idea is catching on.

This sounds like a great idea but I'm not sure I understand the procedure. Do you lay the rugs on the floor of the car washing bays to wash them?

Yes, please detail your procedure for doing this! I've got several big rugs that I'm ready to pack up and drive over to the car wash in town - just want to make sure I get the same good results that you get!

Thanks!

Can you do this with any large rug that is too big for the washing machine that can be cleaned with a truck mounted steam cleaner? I don't want to try it and have it shrink terribly or change colors.

Awesome idea! I have had my filthy dog hair, food ridden rugs rolled up for two years in my garage. Was thinking of throwing them away. Not anymore.

I've washed mine in a friends driveway (since i dont have one) with a hose and the jet power setting on the nozzel. I have even used the parking space in front of my house. Today - with a friends help - I am laying the carpet over my car and washing it so it can drip a lot of the water off before we move it to the fence.

Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJune 4, 2008
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
🎉
🎄