Making a Card Holder from CDs

This is a guide about making a card holder from CDs. A great way to reuse CDs that you do not need is to make a playing card holder.

January 24, 2006 Flag

Do you ever get those annoying internet CD's in the mail? Tired of throwing them out? Well, don't. I decided to try something with them and it worked! I used them to make playing card holders!

Simply take two CD's and put drops of super glue on the lower half of one of them. Press the two CD's together for a minute, then let it sit out and continue drying thoroughly. You now have playing card holders - make one for all the card players in your family! See the picture, they're cute!

By Stacey from Orem, UT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

You could even put something in the hole, like maybe a cut dowel rod of that size, for people who have arthritis to be able to hold cards without having to grip it. Just let the rod poke thru, and it could rest on their hands. Just an idea.

Top Comment

This is a fabulous idea! My little girl has small hands and when we play any card games requiring you to hold a lot of cards, she has trouble. I found some of these CD's free at the grocery store. So I'm gonna make a couple of these soon!

Top Comment

I love to recycle and think I am going to make extra ones to drop off at old folks homes and the intermediate schools for challenged kids so they won't go to waste anymore. You wouldn't beleive how appreciative they will be.

what a great idea............I play cards all the time,have all the stuff to do that right now thank you....

I will definitely try that idea. I know my younger kids will especially appreciate it. Thanks.

That is an absolutely great idea! I will make one for my little girl as she has trouble holding a lot of cards in her hand. Actually I have some nice Hoyle card holders that someone gave me as a gift once. We let her use one and then later we saw she had stuck a toy in between and even wrapped a cord from a play necklace and had the spring in between totally sprung so the card holder was useless! I will make her one or two of these and then I am not out much (just time) if it gets ruined. Those AOL CD's are free, I see them at our post office and grocery. Just free for the taking! Perhaps your kids don't need them but Amanda has small hands plus I use a card holder some too....When I played

Canasta it helped me because sometimes it can be hard to fan out so many cards and hold onto them...you don't wind up with a cramp in your hand using a holder.

this is a great idea...my friend has also taken plastic lids, (sm coffee cans, etc.) and sewed a button in the middle, on both sides , and you can also, paste an old card (cut) on the front and back..

thanks for this idea...

Excellent idea. Will do that in our nursing home. We are always playing cards. Thanks

Wonderful Idea for nursing homes, rehabilition hospitals, anywhere people have difficulty holding things because of injured or arthritic fingers/hands. Terrific

Great idea. This will be useful for my little son.

CD Spinner Top - finished top with colorful paper top
Crafts Using CDs
Crafts Recycled Crafts CDsNovember 29, 2016
CD Wreath
Making a CD Christmas Wreath
Closeup of tree.
Making a Christmas Tree With Junk CDs
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 7:46:59 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.