Storing Corn or Flour Tortillas

What do you store your corn tortillas in? I keep mine in a Ziploc gallon size bag in my pantry. Any other ideas?

Onesummer

I keep my flour tortillas in the original bag in a drawer in my refrigerator.

Me too - in fridge, in original bag. Keeps for weeks.

Linda Coolen

In the fridge in the original bag with as much air removed from bag as possible.

If they have been in there to where they look like they might get dried out or past their exp date I stick them in the freezer inside a freezer zip bag.

For flour (not corn) tortillas in the freezer:

I traced around plates the same size as the tortillas on cereal bag liners and cut them out and put them in between each so I can take out whatever number I need without them sticking to each other. (Save the circles for future use.)

What I do is place about a half dozen per freezer bag as soon as I purchase them and then can easily just grab what I need from week to week. They keep well in the freezer that way for quite a few weeks.

Corn tortillas freeze just as well as flour tortillas. You just have to be sure to dab the moisture off of them if you're going to to cook them straight from the freezer in oil as taco shells or chips first. Have been freezing them since I moved away from home in 1972 and haven't had one single batch be bad.

A frugal tip: Instead of throwing those freezer bags away, simply fold the empties and place in a spot in the freezer for when you purchase more tortillas. It saves time and water washing the bags and keeps the inside of the bags from growing bacteria. Actually, I do that for any non-fluid freezer items.

Brilliant!

I keep in original bag it comes in also, with one difference. Before I store in fridge I separate each one and then replace in bag it came in and store in fridge.

I keep the corn and flour tortillas in the freezer if I'm not using them right away, otherwise the fridge. The corn will separate easily with a fork/knife between them while still frozen. I always thought they should be refrigerated, but I have noticed you can buy them off the shelf.

Great idea I just picked up: use parchment paper between each tortilla before you place them in freezer zip bags & into freezer. When it's time to use them, it comes out without any problems.

I'd show you a picture, but I just found this answer!

Food and Recipes StorageFebruary 19, 2009
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Cake Flour
Using Cake Flour
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🎉
🎄