Star Anise Paper Garland
Six semicircles have been joined together to create a flower-like form or star anise spice garland. I have chosen decorative Japanese papers to make them.
Approximate Time: 30 mins.
- decorative Japanese papers
- mini chain nose pliers
- 2 inch eye pins
- 2 inch circle punch
- white pearly beads
- glue stick
- baker's twine (for garland)
- Punch 3 circle shapes from decorative Japanese paper. Fold them in half and cut along the fold with scissors.
- Fold semicircle in half again so that you have six folded semicircles.
- Place two folded semicircles side by side and glue the flaps together. Add the remaining semicircles one at a time to complete the shape. Press all the joined sides together firmly.
- Thread two pearly beads on to an eye pin. Push it carefully down the center of the decoration and thread another pearl on to an end. Using pliers, twist the other end of the pin into a loop to keep it in place.
- Make several of the decorations and thread on to a length of baker's twine or thin wire to make a garland.
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 23, 2016 at 6:32:54 AM on 10.0.2.116 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us