Making a Paper Garland
Simple, festive decorations for all occasions can be made with paper. This page is about making a paper garland
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Neat way to make a paper garland for your tree without tape or glue.
Six semicircles have been joined together to create a flower-like form or star anise spice garland. I have chosen decorative Japanese papers to make them.
Approximate Time: 30 mins.
- decorative Japanese papers
- mini chain nose pliers
- 2 inch eye pins
- 2 inch circle punch
- white pearly beads
- glue stick
- baker's twine (for garland)
- Punch 3 circle shapes from decorative Japanese paper. Fold them in half and cut along the fold with scissors.
- Fold semicircle in half again so that you have six folded semicircles.
- Place two folded semicircles side by side and glue the flaps together. Add the remaining semicircles one at a time to complete the shape. Press all the joined sides together firmly.
- Thread two pearly beads on to an eye pin. Push it carefully down the center of the decoration and thread another pearl on to an end. Using pliers, twist the other end of the pin into a loop to keep it in place.
- Make several of the decorations and thread on to a length of baker's twine or thin wire to make a garland.
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
There are many ways to count down to Christmas. There are songs about it. Retail has take a cue from the season and transformed it into a list of shopping deals for the holiday season. Each year at church, we take the month of December off from creating crafts about the children's bible stories and make Christmas themed crafts.
The Sunday before the month of December, we usually make an Advent. This year, it was a paper chain.
Looking for Christmas garlands that cost little or no money? Make a paper chain garland using the funny pages from the newspaper or colorful gloss ads.Read More...