Reusing Medicine Dispensers

How many of you have extra medicine dispensers. The cup kind and the syringe kind? I have two young children so I have a lot. I have been letting them play in the tub with the extras and one day it hit me that I could use them to dispense shampoo and conditioner as well as meds. I use the syringe for my son and put about 1/2 tsp. in it and he just squeezes it onto his hair when he shampoos. I put my daughter's in the cups since she had longer hair and need more shampoo. Once she had dumped it I tell her to put a little water in it and swish it around to get all the shampoo or conditioner out. This way they feel like big kids and can wash their own hair with minimal help and I don't go through as much shampoo and conditioner.

Source: Thought of it all by my lonesome.

By Anita from Normal, IL

Hi

I'd like to suggest that you have your daughter put the shampoo into her hands before putting it onto her head, then spread it out evenly on her hands (as you do with handcream). She will be able to spread it through her hair more evenly & she won't get a 'lump' of shampoo in one spot on her hair & reduce doing any damage her hair, as shampooing opens the little scales on the outside of the hair shaft.

I'd also suggest putting the conditioner on her hands the same way, but after she has gently spread it by running her fingers through her hair, then again, gently, comb it through using a wide toothed comb. This will not only reduce stress & damage to her hair, but it will also help to flatten down (close) the little 'scales' on the hair shafts, just as your hairdresser does after putting conditioner onto your hair. This helps to reduce the stress on her hair which is easily damaged when shampooing.

I am sure you will notice an improvement in the condition & shine on your daughters hair using this method.

Parenting General Parenting AdviceMarch 17, 2008
Uses for Sugar Dispensers
Uses for Sugar Dispensers
Medicine Dropper
Uses for Medicine Droppers
Tape Roll Bracelets
Uses for Empty Tape Rolls and Dispensers
Soap Dispenser With Pink Liquid Soap
Uses for Soap Dispensers
🎄