Uses for Soap Dispensers

Category Reusing
Don't throw away your empty soap dispensers, even ceramic or glass ones with broken pumps can be reused in a number of useful or decorative ways. This is a guide about uses for soap dispensers.

After being married for 54 years, I finally decided I needed some "store bought" liquid soap dispensers. I found some attractive ones for my master bath at Target. I have several of the store brand bottles which I am way too stingy to throw away, so I am going to use them for shower gel and shampoo. This will eliminate over use and spilling thereby making the bottles last longer. I am really frugal in my heart, even though I get nutty at times.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

This time of the year, I start to save my small liquid dish soap containers. We use them on our RV refrigerator. They are the perfect size to fit in the RV refrigerator.

I get a really big bottle of hand soap out of Dollar General bubble bath, by using a Germ X large size bottle squirt top on the bubble bath bottle.

Directions:

Does anyone have ideas for reusing ceramic soap dispensers that cannot be used because the pump no longer works?

CS7 from Salem, OR

Answers

How about a vase for one beautiful flower to go on your kitchen window sill, end table or wherever?

I found another pump that worked. I just bought a bottle of liquid soap and used the soap and pump, the plastic bottle went into the recycling.

I bought two ceramic elephants that had a cap in the middle of the back. I have no idea what was in them originally but I took a pump from an empty lotion bottle, cut the tube to fit in my elephant and set the pump cap on the threaded part. (pump does not have to screw on or fit tightly) They have been my kitchen handsoap dispensers for years.

Note: the tube should be cut on a slight slant to draw the soap.

My husband collects elephants and we have hundreds all over the house.

You could make a air freshener reed diffuser out of it:

http://www.ehow … ed-diffuser.html

I hot glued raffia that I tied around the top to cover the threaded part where you screw it on--and now I use it as a vase. You could also use ribbon. The mouth of the bottles are fairly standard sizes so you may want to get a bottle of hand soap from the dollar store and see if it fits.

You can often find other used ones and exchange the pumps. I sometimes find that dollar tree one's have the same type of pump, and even if it just sits over the hole without screwing down, it still works.

If you can clean it out good, you could hide your mouth wash in it.

I'd seal the tops with a cork and hot glue and scatter them in my garden as ornaments. Or try drilling a hole in the bottom (after thoroughly cleaning and drying of course)add soil and say an ivy plant and put it outside as a mini planter.