Uses for Medicine Droppers

Category Reusing
Medicine Dropper
Used or new from the store medicine droppers have numerous uses aside from their original intent. This is a guide about uses for medicine droppers.

I don't have any children, but a friend of mine gave me some old syringe-style baby medicine droppers. Why? For the pets! My husband and I use the measured droppers for water conditioners for the fish tanks.

We have also used these to measure water for testing purposes. In a pinch, the dropper can be used for hand fed birds/nestlings as well. The best part is that they come with so many different prescriptions that babies and children get.

Source: Was sick of using a teaspoon for everything!

By Jenni from Lincoln, NE

I have accumulated droppers from my son's medicines and vitamins. I don't want to throw it away. What can I do with them?

By meds

Answers

I use my dropper to get hydrogen peroxide out of the bottle to make it simpler to apply the peroxide wherever I need it.

You can use them to store homemade essential oils! They relatively easy to make, they just take a few weeks. You can use oils in potpourri, add to candles, add to vinegar & water to make a natural all purpose cleaner, use in homemade laundry detergent etc and so on. You can also make your own cooking extracts such as vanilla and lavender. These bottle would be perfect for them as well.

Keep the droppers for art projects with kids! Use them to drip drops of paint, food color, fabric dye, onto a white t-shirt or sweatshirt for a neat colorful something to wear. You could also offer them to a pre-school or kindergarten teacher who will have LOTS of uses for them!

If you have a lot of these things (like 10 or 20 or more), you can offer them to a school, for use in art or science. When I was teaching high school science, I could have used many sets of droppers in my science lab. An elementary school might also want them for science as they don't have the budget for science equipment that a high school has.

Thanks for the tip guys! :)