Tomato Stains On Clothing

How do you get tomato based liquid out of white clothing?

By Dolly from Clearwater, FL

April 4, 2010 Flag

I have a t-shirt mostly white with some black designs on it and I have I believe a tomato stain. I have tried everything to get it out, but no luck. I heard Simple Green gets any and everything out. Should I try that and hope it does not ruin the black design?

Paula from Tacoma, WA

Answers:

Tomato Stains On Clothing

After treating, I would try to bleach out the stain. You could try using hydrogen peroxide with a pressing cloth and iron, providing heat, for a very gentle bleaching and repeat until the stain disappears. Tomato stains are awful that's why I carry Shout Wipes and dab my husband's shirts, not to mention mine. The sooner you get to tomato stains the better, don't let them set. (07/19/2007)

By pamphyila

Tomato Stains On Clothing

I was able to rub some Dawn into my white blouse and then washed it when I got lasagna on it and it came out. Good luck. (07/19/2007)

By imaqt1962

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Putting your stained shirt in the sun all day should work it always takes my tomato stains away. (07/23/2007)

By Mary Ann

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Make up a spray bottle with half bleach, half water, and very carefully spray "only the stain", let sit for a bit and rinse out. Hopefully you can do this away from the black and it will work. Good luck. (07/24/2007)

By KLJohn

Tomato Stains On Clothing

If you have not already put it in the dryer, try toothpaste. I thought it was weird the first time I heard it, but after trying it, it took the stain right out. Apply a little bit, and use a toothbrush to scrub it away gently. (02/22/2009)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 19, 2007 Flag

I have what appears to be a tomato based stain on a brand new white dress that I've only worn once! I've tried everything to remove it with no effect - it hasn't even faded. I've tried vanish oxi, plus a dual liquid thing that they do. I've even tried neat domestos! Nothing has touched it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

Justine from Oxfordshire

Answers:

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Hang your dress in the bright sun for a couple of days and the stain will disappear as if by magic. Ask me how I know! On second thought, don't ask...........lol!

By susan matthews

Tomato Stains On Clothing

This sounds bizarre, but chefs do this to clean their white coats. Spray the garment with oven cleaner. Let sit for 20 min or so then launder. You may have to do this more than once.

By Linda

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Sponge with cool water. Rub with glycerine, let stand half an hour. Wash in hot suds. This comes from a new settlement cookbook.

By JO

Tomato Stains On Clothing

I got spaghetti sauce on a shirt and I just rubbed some Dawn dishwahing liquid on the stain and out it came, then I washed it as usual.

By magic5

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 25, 2007 Flag

Dealing with tomato soup stains can be difficult because tomatoes are so high in acid.

First treat the area with a stain stick or non-bleach detergent. Let soak for 1-hour.

Next soak item in a bucket of warm water and 2 cups of vinegar for a few hours. Launder as usual. BEFORE drying, check for stain. If still there, repeat process.

Do not dry garment until stain has completely disappeared.

By Chell

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A messy baby getting tomato sauce stains on his clothing.
Removing Tomato Sauce Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 4, 2010
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Tomato Hornworms
Controlling Tomato Hornworms
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 9:33:42 AM on 10.0.2.201 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.