Sewing Two Table Cloths Together

I have two table cloths that I would like to piece into a double-sided table runner (they are too short for my table). I am a seriously novice sewer, so I am not sure how to sew the edges together to make it neat, or if I should use a binding like cord. Also, because of the two fabrics, should I put quilt batting inside to retain shape? One side will be "visa" fabric in ivory, and the other is a cotton (india) print; rust color with ivory reindeer. I may put a floral embroidery patch (not handmade!) on the ivory side to use during non-holiday months or in spring/summer.

Thanks!
camo_angels from Willamina, OR

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

i've not worked much with visa but i've always heard you shouldnt sew two different types of material together for washing and shrinking differences.

that said, if you still want to try it, i would use a blanket binding or tape to finish the edges. if you are comfortable trying the edging stiches on the sewing machine they look nice too.

Table Runner
Making a Table Runner
Crafts SewingAugust 7, 2006
Homemade table runner.
Making a Quilted Table Runner
Burping Baby
Making Burp Cloths for Infants
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 12:34:33 PM on 10.0.0.126 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.