Dye Bled When Jacket Was Dry Cleaned

I took my daughter's navy blue varsity jacket with white lettering to the dry cleaners. When I got it back, all the white letters and white on the patches were light blue. How do I get the letters and patches back to white?

By Meg from Warren, MI

First, I'd go back to the dry cleaner with the jacket and ask them to undo what they've done (calmly). A reputable cleaner should do that at no charge to you. An outstanding businessperson would even give you back the initial cleaning charge , or if they're unable to repair the bleeding they caused, offer to reimburse you for the cost of someone who can, or a replacement jacket.

If you're getting nowhere with the dry cleaner at all, you might have a small claims court case on your hands. I wouldn't attempt to undo this damage myself or you may create more. If you put the responsibility back on the dry cleaner, you should either have it fixed properly or have a new one in hand.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 14, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink