Clothing StainsCleaning

Dye Bled When Jacket Was Dry Cleaned

I took my daughter's navy blue varsity jacket with white lettering to the dry cleaners. When I got it back, all the white letters and white on the patches were light blue. How do I get the letters and patches back to white?

By Meg from Warren, MI

Answers

First, I'd go back to the dry cleaner with the jacket and ask them to undo what they've done (calmly). A reputable cleaner should do that at no charge to you. An outstanding businessperson would even give you back the initial cleaning charge , or if they're unable to repair the bleeding they caused, offer to reimburse you for the cost of someone who can, or a replacement jacket.

If you're getting nowhere with the dry cleaner at all, you might have a small claims court case on your hands. I wouldn't attempt to undo this damage myself or you may create more. If you put the responsibility back on the dry cleaner, you should either have it fixed properly or have a new one in hand.