Paint Color to Coordinate With Green Carpet

Choosing a paint color that works well with your carpet can be tricky. This is a guide about paint color to coordinate with green carpet.

March 8, 2010 Flag

I have Hunter green carpet all throughout the house. I've painted my living room a different shade of green called Sheffield. The trim is a dark shade of green that almost matches the carpet. Anyway, it's horrible. Please help. I need to repaint. My furniture is a brownish/gold sectional. Any suggestions?

By Sandra from OK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I know someone who used white paint and added a few drops of green so it is a very light green you don't notice. It just ties their hunter green carpet together with the walls in your mind.

I hope this helps!

Kelly W. from Kalamazoo

Best Answer

I think yellow walls would look good with a green carpet (think sunflowers).

Best Answer

No one here gave a real definite answer and now it's too late. Purple, light to med. purple will look beautiful with a green carpet. And if you have light beige furniture, well, you just made the Interior Decorating Magazine home award.

Best Answer

I just painted my walls beige and it looks great with a semi white trim.

If the trim was painted white it would look good.

You might want to consider a beige of some shade on your trim. Or have you considerd a sponging or rag treatment on the walls and leaving the trim as it is? You could use a light shade of tan with a gold dry brush treatment on the walls.

I agree with AvaElizabeth. White or a cream would lighten things up. Or you can go with a burgendy, which is the complimentary colors of Hunter Green. Good luck!

I love green, but a whole room may be a little too much. I have a living room that has 18' walls. I painted one wall the dark hunter green and the other three walls a medium tan. They look great together. I would paint the walls of your room a medium tan. The trimwork could be the same color or a shade darker. (You might also try painting one wall the same color as the carpet.) Then add artwork, throw pillows etc. that have some of the hunter green in them and add other accent colors, such as burgendy, navy, etc.

June 22, 2005 Flag

My granddaughter's bedroom is carpeted in a Kelly Green carpet. What color should we paint the walls? She is 4 years old and loves "pink." Would it be o.k. to paint the walls in pink and if so what shade or tint? Or should we consider a more neutral color?

Rose

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I think I would treat the green carpet as green grass and paint the walls blue and the ceiling a lighter shade of the same blue. Stencil or paint different shades of pink flowers around the base of the walls (include flower stems and leaves - as if they are growing out of the carpet on the edges). Use white balloon shade or curtains over the windows. This will look like clouds. You could even stencil butterflies randomly around the room. Include her name on the wall as a topiary. Here is an example:

http://www.kids  &ProdID=5476

Have fun!

Best Answer

I would use soft ivory for the walls with pink trim, either as a ceiling border or as a wainscoting more at eye level, depending on the child's age. The pink could be solid or in a design. If someone could stitch a traditional Irish chain quilt for her bed, her room would be really elegant!

Pale pink walls would look fine if you tie them into the carpet. Find some pictures of pink flowers or landscapes that include plenty of green leaves and stems in shades that blend well with the carpet

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceApril 22, 2013
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Turquoise Carpet
Choosing a Paint Color to Coordinate With Turquoise Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:14:44 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.