Watch Cell Phones in Hot Weather

Maybe some of you already know this, but since I am a senior citizen and not tech savvy, I didn't.

I left my cell phone in my car for 2 hours with the heat index down here in the Rio Grande Valley being 110. When I picked it up, it was DEAD. No way to turn it on, or to charge it. After a couple of hours in the house A/C, I took it to Sprint Office, and as they were checking it out, it started to work. No permanent damage, and battery seemed to be OK, but not a good idea to do that again.

By Ruth from Harlingen, TX

I didn't know that either! Thanks for the tip!

God Bless,

Sheila in Cocoa, FL

Wished I had known this. I left mine in my car and like yours mine would not turn on and not take a charge. I took it to attel. They ask me when it got wet? NEWS to me. It never had, they showed me a white strip inside the phone that was half red. I'm not due for a update till March. I'm too stingy to pay full price for a new one so for now no phone home for me.

I sure did not know that! I have left mine in my car several times so that it could charge while I was shopping - won't do that, anymore, tho. Thanks for sharing this very valuable tip with us and God bless you.

Cell phone sitting on top of a pile of change.
Saving Money on Cell Phones
Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small) CellphonesSeptember 16, 2008
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Woman Recycling Her Old Cell Phone
Recycling Your Old Cell Phones And Computers
Hot Weather Cooking
Hot Weather Cooking Tips
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎄