Vacuum Seal and Freeze Fresh Vegetables

Can you freeze corn on the cob and banana peppers fresh from the garden? Also, can you vacuum seal those and if so, how long will they keep?

Rhonda from West Jefferson, Ohio

www.pickyourown.org.

This is the best site for ANY canning or freezing.

Personally, I don't freeze corn on the cob. Tried it once. Just doesn't work , for me, anyway. Turns out limp, mushy and not a really good corn taste.

I know it can be done if your the "Jolly Green Giant"

I freeze corn, both on the cob and off regularly. I think it tastes just like fresh. The trick is to get fresh corn that is not immature nor too mature. If too immature, it will kind of mush like Maggie said. It too mature, it gets tough. Then you must blanch it to stop the enzyme action. I then soak it in ice water, wipe it dry, pack into bags, seal, and freeze immediately.

I freeze almost all of my corn on the cob and other vegetables. Most need to be blanched first in boiling water for a few minutes to stop the enzyme action.

If you have a deep fryer, try deep frying half cobs. They are great. Similar to roasted cobs.

I freeze corn on the cob in the shuck, just take off a few of the shucks, trim the ends off. Put in a brown paper bag from grocery store, just as good as fresh, good luck.

Vacuum cleaner.
Vacuum Bag Freshener Tips and Recipes
Food and Recipes StorageAugust 2, 2007
Robot Vacuum
Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews
Frozen Veggies
Storing Vacuum Sealed Food
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
🎉
🎄