Browsing: 4-H Craft Project Ideas

Need Ideas for 4H Project

I need some good ideas for 4-H projects under ANY category. I'm signed up for just about every single one of them. Help me out if you can! Thank you

Kassie from Park Rapids, MN

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I need one too. Im 12 yrs and I think our theme is hoppin into 4H. I vthink you should sewing a table runner I did last year and gave me a PURPLE

I'm trying to find a good idea to do for the fair. I want to try something new and fun, but also something that will do well and maybe will get to go to the State fair. I have already tryed ideas such as baking, sewing, and photography. I really need to do something new this year.

Looking for ideas to show my plants at fair time; to decorate the scene.

I need Ideas for a 4-H speech could you help me?

November 16, 2011 Flag

I need a 4-H project for sewing. Any suggestions?

Breanna

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know what previous sewing experience you have or whether this project is from a pattern or freestyle. But here is what I would suggest.

How about a remote control pocket to hang on arm of a chair or on the side of a mattress.

A coat for your dog, if you even have one.

A shirt or blouse for yourself or a brother, dad, mom etc.

A small quilt. A lap size would be perfect and you can use it yourself or donate it to a senior center. They love these.

A set of pillow slips that you sew a design on.

A table runner for Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other holiday.

A cover for your sewing machine.

A tote bag to carry sewing supplies, books, or whatever in.

A banner with designs appliqued on (by hand or with machine.) This could be for your home or for your 4H group.

A quillow which is a blanket with a pocket on one end. When you fold up the blanket if fits into the pocket making it look like a pillow.

This list could go on and on. Just use your imagination and pick something that suits your skill level. You can find directions for most of these ideas by googling in what you are looking for. I use to be a 4H leader.

Good luck.

Try here for some free patterns for the projects Bev has suggested:

http://sewing.about.com/od/freeprojects/u/freepatternbyskilllevel.htm

How about Fleece Blankets or Throws? Or Fleece Hats with Tassles on top with matching scarves? You didn't say how hard or easy-but these are pretty easy to make. Good Luck with whatever you decide; and remember to have fun! : )

May 17, 2008 Flag

I was wondering if you could help me come up with an idea for my 4H project. I'm in Division 10, which is the last division, and I'm having trouble coming up with something really creative, that I could get a really good ribbon on. (All I have ever gotten was a blue). I hope you can help, thanx.
NASCARwcgrl

Answers:

Need Ideas for 4H Project

I used to be a judge for 4H projects. We'll need a little more information to be of any real help. How old are you? What is the "theme" of your 4H Club? What have your past projects been? From the look of your user name I wonder if NASCAR might somehow play a part in your project. Hm. Give a little more info and I'll do my best to brainstorm with you for a project.
Barb from Concord, Ohio (06/27/2005)

By Barb

Need Ideas for 4H Project

Division 10 would do things like pillows, purses, hats, out of old jeans and such. And also pop cans do make end tables and such. And also baskets out of old magazine pages or greeting cards. I'm not sure what types of recycled articles I could use, and what I could make that's nothing simple like the above items I have listed. I hope you can help.
Nicole (NASCARwcgrl) (06/28/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Need Ideas for 4H Project

Have you ever tried making a ribbon photo holder? Mine went to the state fair or i made a cd clock or a kool-aide jammers purse those are just a few things (01/02/2007)

By Dancer 101

A young girl sewing.
4-H Craft Project Ideas
Crafts AdviceMay 17, 2008
Scrap Fabric Pencil Holder
Craft Ideas Using Scrap Fabric
Zipper
Buying Zippers
glue bottle
Gluing Paper to Plastic
Discontinued Osborne and Little Wallpaper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 11:24:53 PM on 10.0.0.227 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.