Ideas for 4H Sewing Project

I need a 4-H project for sewing. Any suggestions?

Breanna

I don't know what previous sewing experience you have or whether this project is from a pattern or freestyle. But here is what I would suggest.
How about a remote control pocket to hang on arm of a chair or on the side of a mattress.
A coat for your dog, if you even have one.
A shirt or blouse for yourself or a brother, dad, mom etc.
A small quilt. A lap size would be perfect and you can use it yourself or donate it to a senior center. They love these.
A set of pillow slips that you sew a design on.
A table runner for Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other holiday.
A cover for your sewing machine.
A tote bag to carry sewing supplies, books, or whatever in.
A banner with designs appliqued on (by hand or with machine.) This could be for your home or for your 4H group.
A quillow which is a blanket with a pocket on one end. When you fold up the blanket if fits into the pocket making it look like a pillow.

This list could go on and on. Just use your imagination and pick something that suits your skill level. You can find directions for most of these ideas by googling in what you are looking for. I use to be a 4H leader.
Good luck.

Try here for some free patterns for the projects Bev has suggested:

http://sewing.a  byskilllevel.htm

How about Fleece Blankets or Throws? Or Fleece Hats with Tassles on top with matching scarves? You didn't say how hard or easy-but these are pretty easy to make. Good Luck with whatever you decide; and remember to have fun! : )

I know this is an old question, but in case others are looking for suggestions, I have a new one. We did this Fabric Basket project with our 4-H club recently. It's a simple sewing project with just straight lines and is great for beginners.

My Mom and I led the project during a meeting activity time and we had all levels of sewers from total beginners to advanced participate and enjoy the project.

Here is a link to the page with the project instructions and even a video: www.needlepointers.com/.../youtubecontent.aspx?YoutubePageID....

I know this is an old thread but in case someone is reading it for suggestions, I wanted to say that all of the suggestions above are good ones. We also did this project (www.needlepointers.com/.../youtubecontent.aspx?YoutubePageID...) with our 4-H club recently during a meeting activity time. There were beginner to experienced sewers who were all able to complete the project. It's a great beginner project.