Making White Part of Soccer Uniform White Again

My daughter's soccer uniforms are white polyester with black sleeves and have become very dingy with some set in stains. I have bleached them, used Oxy Cleaner and have bought RIT whitener. Nothing seems to help. We have hard sulfur water which is a lot of the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions that would help.

Cary from Woodville, NY

have you tried iron out?

The nuns use to use automatic dish washer detergent, make a paste for spots otherwise just add a half cup to whites.

Here is the recipe that my daughters' coach gave us for their white softball pants (mind you, this was 20 years ago)

1/3 Cup bleach

1/2 Cup Cascade

Bring to boil in a large pot on the stove, being sure crystals have dissolved. Add pants. Turn off stove and let cool. Add pants and liquid to wash.

Have you tried using 1/2 a cup of Vinegar? I've been doing this for about a week and it's amazing as to how much whiter my whites are.

tried iron out?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 14, 2008
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Dome shaped cake decorated like a soccer ball with green frosting along the base to mimic grass
Making A Soccer Cake