How to Avoid Eating Nuts

I was just told by my Pediatrician that my 3 year old son is allergic to peanuts, peanut butter and to avoid all tree nuts. I know that starting in January, all food and candy companies have to list all 8 allergy ingredients on their packaging. However, does anyone out there know of any companies that advertise that they don't have peanuts or nuts in their factories?

Ricki from Westfield, MA

I don't know to what degree that your son is allergic to peanuts, however, please know that some children are so allergic to peanuts that they can not be in a class room where other children have peanut butter and crackers. The very smell sets their allergies off. You might want to ask your doctor and inform your son's teacher/sitter so he can avoid ANY contact with peanuts or peanut oil.This can be a very serious allergy. God Bless !

Check out for info. If you type in nut free products in your search engine, too, you should get some results.

Parenting General Parenting AdviceNovember 29, 2005
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Cracked Pistachio Nuts
Freezing Pistachio Nuts
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out