AdviceGeneral Parenting

How to Avoid Eating Nuts

I was just told by my Pediatrician that my 3 year old son is allergic to peanuts, peanut butter and to avoid all tree nuts. I know that starting in January, all food and candy companies have to list all 8 allergy ingredients on their packaging. However, does anyone out there know of any companies that advertise that they don't have peanuts or nuts in their factories?

Thanks!
Ricki from Westfield, MA

I don't know to what degree that your son is allergic to peanuts, however, please know that some children are so allergic to peanuts that they can not be in a class room where other children have peanut butter and crackers. The very smell sets their allergies off. You might want to ask your doctor and inform your son's teacher/sitter so he can avoid ANY contact with peanuts or peanut oil.This can be a very serious allergy. God Bless !

Check out Deliaonline.com for info. If you type in nut free products in your search engine, too, you should get some results.