Freezing Pistachio Nuts

Like many other nuts and seeds pistachio nuts can be stored in your freezer if properly prepared. This is a guide about freezing pistachio nuts.

Can you freeze pistachio nuts?

Hannah from St. Pete, FL

Answers

By Jean17 (Guest Post)

Absolutely, I do it all the time. The stilltasty.com website is very useful for this kind of information-- just type a food name into the search box and it'll tell you how long it will stay good, how you should prepare it for freezing, etc.

Here's the information for freezing pistachios:

http://www.stil … tems/index/18013

Ditto what Jean said. It also keeps them from going rancid if you can't use them right away. I find it does change the texture a bit...I suppose depending on the type of nut, how long it was frozen and how well it was wrapped before freezing.

If I am using the nuts in baked goods etc I usually toast them a bit on a cookie sheet or carefully in a skillet on top of the stove to remove some moisture and crisp them up a bit and it also helps bring out the flavor too.