Pistachio Pudding Dessert Recipes
Read More Comments
This is a beautiful rice pudding that's spiked with pistachios, rose water, and cardamom, and then elegantly decorated on top. It's a recipe we've held in our family for decades. I hope you try it out. :)
You can get edible dried rose pedals in many international shops, as well as on Amazon. If you can only get a hold of full-sized dried pedals, they can easily be crushed, and you can use either.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup par boiled rice
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp rose water
- 4 Tbsp shelled pistachios, soaked in hot water for 20 min, drained
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp ground rose petals
- Put milk and parboiled rice in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Smash cardamom pods a bit to break open and drop into pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and keep at a simmer. Stir mixture often, until milk has reduced by one-third, about 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and rose water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, a couple minutes. Discard cardamom pods.
- Chop the pistachios into small slivers. Stir half of them into the pudding and reserve the rest to decorate the top.
- Pour into a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. To serve, sprinkle edges with rose petals, then remaining pistachio, then sprinkle middle with ground cardamom powder. Pictured here are ground rose petals and full petals. Use either one.
5 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
October 27, 2014
Using simple instant pistachio pudding in a pre-made pie and decorate with dried fruit for a fun and easy October dessert!
Prepare Pistachio Pudding according to package directions. Add 1/2 container of Cool Whip or other whipped cream. Add 1/2 cup pecans. Add 1/2 cup pineapple. Add marshmallows. Great idea for Wearing o' the Green! By Betty H. AndrewsRead More...
This is a recipe I grew up on. My son in-law now loves this and requests it all the time!Read More...
Press crust ingredients into bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes; cool. Mix filling ingredients well and pour into prepared crust.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.