Keeping Margarine Ready for Baking Cookies

I never know when the urge to bake cookies will hit me these days, so I leave the box with the sticks of margarine out of the fridge on the counter so it is soft when I'm ready to use it. Margarine doesn't spoil easily over a short period of time because its made of vegetable oil, instead of milk.

By Linda from Vista CA

If the urge to make cookies, doesn't arrive, for you. Put the softened margarine in a small mixing bowl & put in a couple dollops (or more) of your favorite jams or jellies (strawberry is really good!). Mix well. Pour into a bowl with a lid, identify on the top or side with a label stating what's inside. I'd personally do a 1 stick of margarine/butter in 1 bowl with one flavor (& likewise with the other, but a different bowl, & a different flavor of jam/jelly. This would be great on hot biscuits, dinner rolls, bagels, or most any kinds of breads for breakfasts or snacks. Keep refrigerated when not using. (could also make your own personal favorite flavors, EX: mix honey or molasses instead of the jams or jellies, & could add in some cinnamon or nutmeg). The possibilities are endless.

Young Boy and Girl Baking Cookies
Baking Cookies - Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingNovember 30, 2005
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
Making Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh