Getting Rid of Thorn Bushes - Categories:

Woody and Vining WeedsWeeds

Getting Rid of Thorn Bushes

Can anyone help me with a home recipe to kill thorn bushes? It is really a problem and getting out of hand.

By Andre from Namibia, Africa

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I'm a little confused by your question. Why can't you just cut them down?

If it is a woody stem bush then i am not sure if this will work. If it is a green stem bush then I am sure this will work: vinegar! Pour a whole gallon of vinegar on an area of thorny bushes, soak the leaves and the plant, and by the next day it will be dry and shriveled and will not grow back! i had thorns/thistles last year that would not die. I tried stuff I bought from the store, all kind of things and they just kept coming back, but a good amount of vinegar and they are gone. Hope it works!

Home and Garden Gardening Weeds Woody and Vining WeedsJanuary 7, 2011
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Rose Bushes
Treating Black Spots on Rose Bushes
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
Photo of blackberries on the vine.
Getting Rid of Blackberry Bushes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:41:15 AM on 10.0.0.77 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.