Treating A Bougainvillea Thorn Prick

Category Home Remedies
The beautiful bougainvillea blooms hide their toxic thorns. The prick can produce a rash and noticeable pain. This is a guide about treating a bougainvllea thorn prick.

I was trimming bougainvillea and a thorn poked my finger through the gloves I was wearing. Three days later, my finger is stiff, red, and very sore. I cannot bend it at the joint where I was poked. Is this something that needs to be treated? I don't see a visible thorn. Can I get an infection?

Michelle from San Diego

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You most definitely need to get to a doctor!!

Best Answer

Until you get to a doctor.........soak it in a solution of epsom salt and warm water. That should draw some of the poison out of it. Do you have a red swollen finger or are there red streaks running away from the initial sore area? If you have red streaks you need to get yourself to a doctor........NOW!

How do you treat a bougainvillea thorn in your thumb?

By Reza

Answers

Best Answer

Pull out the thorn. Make it bleed a little.

Wash your hands with soap and water. Put an antibiotic ointment on the prick. Put a bandaid on it.

Can bougainvillea cause severe itching?

By melroyse

Answers

Yes the thorns have a toxin in them that can cause severe itching especially if you are sensitive to the toxin.