Use Plastic Bakery Cake Covers for Paving Stones Molds

I save the plastic tops to store bought cakes; both the round ones and rectangular ones. They make great reusable molds for making paving stones.

I also save broken jewelry, cheap beads, marbles, pretty beach glass, broken tiles and such.

Pour quick crete into the mold. Mix in water and stir well. Add water slowly so you don't get it too soupy. Then add the pretties on top. Kids can add a hand print if they wish.

Let sit several days to set. It will pop out of the mold and you can reuse it numerous times.

By mom-from-missouri

Wow! You get my thumbs up today! I am sending this to my daughter for my crafty grandsons!

Wow, what a good idea! Love to see some pics. I wonder if you could color the cement too.

Awesome idea! I want to make a pathway in my yard and that would be perfect!!

I have done this, too. My family got together for my 50th birthday seven years ago, which by the way is today, and helped me to make my stepping stones. Now I have a lasting memory of my special day. Here's a not-so-great pic of the stones in my shade garden that is a work in progress.

I really like this idea. These are great for letting the grandchildren create their own and then I will always have reminders of them, especially the ones that don't live close to us. These are a nice way to mark a special occasion as well.

What a neat idea! I have seen kits for making the shapes for the stepping stone in garden catalogs. The idea of hand prints of loved ones is also a good one.

Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationAugust 12, 2009
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
paving stone snowman
Making a Paving Stone Snowman
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Mold and Concrete Stepping Stone
Making Concrete Stepping Stones
🎄