How Do I Get Rid of This Mildew?

I was recently given some exercise equipment. The bench has mildew all over it. How do I get rid of the mildew?

By Cedrasd from Temple Hills, MD

You could wash it with a small amount of bleach in the water or get a commercial mold and mildew cleaner. Is it possible to replace the cover if necessary? most exercise equipment I know of has the cover just stapled on.

Spray it with Lysol and set it in the sun. It works.

Wash it down outside with straight clorox immediately. You do not want this getting into your house. Clorox will kill it. Mildew to me is just another road for mold and that can be very dangerous to you. Your house and your family making you all sick.

I agree with danward. Use a bathroom mildew remover spray. It should dissolve the mildew in no time.

December 15, 2009 Flag

I have a car seat that has been in the garage. It has been out of the weather, but some how is still covered with mildew. Please help.

How do I Get Rid of This Mildew?

You need to do 3 things:

1. clean the car well
  2. juice lots of lemons
  3. On a very sunny day put the car in the sun with the doors open and paint the mildew with the lemon juice and sprinkle with salt. When dry vac the salt up and with warm water wash the area. You may have to do this 2 or 3 times, but it must be fresh lemon juice and it must have sun to work. (10/19/2005)

By marsbar

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 15, 2009
Guy holding his nose because of bad odors.
Getting Rid of Mildew Odors in a House
Mildew Smell in Car
Getting Rid of Mildew Smell in a Car
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent