Laguna Beach Travel Tips

My family of 4 (DH, and DD ages 8 and 14, plus me!) is traveling to the Laguna Beach/Irvine area in California in October of this year. We plan on visiting DisneyLand, the Nixon Library, the San Diego Zoo, Hollywood and Balboa Island.

I would like to hear what other attractions we should take in. I am also interested in touring plans for DisneyLand--there is plenty of info on the web for WDW but I have not been able to locate any for DL.

Thank you!
Diana from Prospect, KY

Hi Diana,

Out in that area of California, there is so much to do & see! If you get a chance to get out to Catalina Island (you can see it from Laguna clear down to San Clemente on a clear day), it's just beautiful with lots of outdoor activities to do -- snorkeling, biking, hiking, etc. You get there by ferry.

There's also the Ronald Reagan Library near his ranch just a little north of LA. If you or your kids are into surfing -- watching or participating, I'd recommend Dana Point & San Clemente, both have great surf spots & there's a really good surf school in San Clemente.

The Gas Light district in San Diego is really great for historical architecture & shopping (better for the adults than the kids). Sea World San Diego is also great & not far from the Zoo.

Near Disney Land there's also Knott's Berry Farm and there is a Six Flags just north of LA off I-5. Universal Studios Theme Park is close to Hollywood.

There are also just a ton of great beaches south of Laguna Beach; not too crowded & great sand and surf. I don't usually go to any north of Dana Point just because of the crowds. With all of the state parks around, there's also great hiking & biking all over the area. October's a great time to visit because it won't be too hot or too cool.

Hope you have fun!

Jeannine

Another fun thing to do is to have dinner at Midevil Times across from Knott's Berry Farm. It is a fun night of entertainment and fun to eat your food with no fork, knife or spoon for a change.

Just go to www.disneyland.com

I used to live near D-land and now live near San Diego. You might consider Sea World, and the Wild Animal Park down here, also the Birch Aquarium. You can get a 3-fer ticket for the zoo, WAP and Sea World, I believe. As far as Orange County goes, the Nixon Library is a snore, but there is the Discovery Science Center and Bowers Kidszeum (Children's Museum) that are both child oriented and excellent.

Travel and Recreation TravelApril 11, 2006
A deflated beach ball used as a wedge pillow.
Using Beach Balls
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
🎄