Uses for Beach Balls

Category Tips
A deflated beach ball used as a wedge pillow.
When your beach toy looses its bounce, there may be other ways it can be of use. This is a guide about using beach balls.

Would you like to have a wedge pillow for watching TV while laying on your couch? Use a 20 inch beach ball. You can find it at Dollar Tree for $1.00. Just blow a little air in it and place it under your pillow. It forms to fill in the gap between the pillow and the arm rest.

I had back surgery in March and am now taking Physical Therapy. My therapist told me to get the beach ball to use as a back support when sitting in a chair. I found that it also works great on the couch as a pillow wedge. And just in case your are wondering, I will be able to continue being a litter gitter and keep the litter picked up in our neighborhood while getting my walking exercise.

Recently, we had a warm day here in eastern Tennessee, and I decided to do a spring fun activity with my two dogs. Samson is a German Shepherd and Husky mix and Bruno is an older Catahoula, Rottweiler, and Chow mix who doesn't like to pose for pics. Bruno just walks by my side quietly when I am outside.

Anyway, they love sharing time with me in the yard, so I bought a beach ball and inflated it. We went out with me talking about the beach ball and how pretty it is. Their tails were wagging and they were smiling. Both of their eyes were on the ball as I threw the beach ball in the air.

The fact that this was an unusual toy enthralled them. They had the best time. It is good to change things up for pets, it keeps them motivated and happy. Here is Sampson. Bruno wasn't in any pictures, but was closely watching him playing with their beach ball. We had such a blast doing this! Happy spring everyone!

The way they looked at the beach ball makes me think they can see colors more than research says they can.

Any ideas for a craft using deflated beach balls?

TWIG from Columbus, OH

Best Answer

I cut any deflated ball up and reuse it. My most used idea is as jar openers and cushions for a wrench to protect the surface being wrenched. Also cut in a circle big enough to fit under your bowl on the table to keep it steady while mixing. Great as a shower head helper for tightening or loosening. Pieces can be used as a hole cover in pots. Pieces can be used with a glue or epoxy as a patch. You can even cut shapes and use as drawer pulls. I saw a man use rubber shapes on TV.

Just a few ideas

Christie