Dora the Explorer Themed Birthday Party

For my daughter's second birthday, we are having a Dora the Explorer birthday! We are serving enchiladas and chips, etc with a Dora cake and ice cream. We bought simple red and orange steamers and balloons to decorate with.

When people RSVP, I'll request that they dress in orange and red, just to make it fun for everyone!

By Casey from Branson MO

February 8, 2011 Flag

For a cartoon birthday party on a budget, Here's what I do. I make a DORA CAKE. I use a round layer cake for the face with another round layer cut and fitted around head to make the hair. It costs $3 as compared to about $15 for a bakery cake.

Make your own pinata. Take a balloon and cover it in paper mache and tissue paper to look like Dora's head for about $3 instead of the usual $15.

Make your own "Pin The Tail" game. Print a picture of Swiper and cut off the tail for about $2.

For musical chairs, put pictures on pieces of poster board. Put those on the floor instead of chairs. Whoever is sitting on a picture gets the "chair".

Makes a great child's party for about that costs $9.

By Randa Wagner

Editor's Note: The Nick Jr. site has some Dora invitations you can print out for free. You can find them here:

http://www.nickjr.com/party/party_packs/dora/index.jhtml

Answers:

Throwing a Dora the Explorer on a Budget

These are great ideas. Thank you very much. I do have one craft to add. Take two tp rolls and have kids tape together then color, add sticker and they have made there own binoculars. (04/24/2006)

By SHAKIA

Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesFebruary 8, 2011
Dora the Explorer
Making a Dora Costume
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄