Shelf Life of Previously Frozen Milk

I know it is possible to freeze milk, but how long is it good after thawing?

By Mary M. from Snellville, GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Look into the wrapper. I know there a suggested written there.

When you put your milk in the freezer notice the expiration date on the carton it was removed from. Count forward to that date and that is how long it will be good when thawed. It is best to freeze part of it when you first purchase it and then thaw it when you use the remainder of the fresh. This gives you a longer time-frame on the thawed milk. Also, always be sure to leave enough time for the milk to thaw in the fridge when you remove it from the freezer. A quart takes at least 24 hours. Also, I like to shake the thawed milk well before using.

I used to work in a convenience store and when the date had been reached they threw the milk away unless someone wanted to take it home. I always would take home about 3 to 4 gallons and would freeze it in 1 quart containers. We didn't really like it for drinking after it was frozen but it was great in cooking. Saved us a lot of money. Do shake it up after it is defrosted especially if it is higher in fat.

Answer

Food and Recipes Freezing DairyMay 15, 2011
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 7:24:57 PM on 10.0.1.199 in 452 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.