Use Cinnamon Chips Instead of Nuts in Baking

This is actually a baking tip. I bake to relax so sometimes I don't have all the correct ingredients on hand when I decide to relax (bake). I needed a cup of chopped nuts and didn't have them and was almost finished with a recipe, so I added a cup of cinnamon chips I had on hand. I now put cinnamon chips in most of my recipes instead of walnuts or pecans. Not only does it taste better it is more cost efficient.

Source: Just my idea to finish a recipe that called for nuts.

By Debbie from Burton, MI

What are cinnamon chips?

what is a cinnamon chip???

What a great idea! I forgot they even made cinnamon chips.

What type of recipe did you use it in? Cake...cookie...quick bread? Thanks

I found a bunch of cinnamon chip recipes at the Hershey's site. Now I just have to see if my grocery store stocks them. I have never really checked to see before.

What are Cinnamon Chips? I want to try this. Do you get them in the baking aisle, or the spice aisle? Please advise!

Cinnamon chips are flavored chips like chocolate chips and butterscotch morsels. They should be in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips.

I tried looking yesterday at Safeway for them but apparently they only carry Nestles and Ghirardelli brands at my Safeway. I know Hershey's makes a cinnamon chip.

They do sell them online at Amazon. King Arthur is another place online that sells cinnamon chips.

Wow, thanks, I'll have to try that. I never liked nuts in my cookies, cakes, etc. I bet this will be a fantastic substitution.

What a great idea, had never heard of cinnamon chips. Thanks to the other readers for providing a link on where to buy them. I bookmarked a site so that I an go back to it in the very near future.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingDecember 4, 2007
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
bowl of pita chips
Homemade Pita Chips Recipes
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Paint Chips
Crafts Using Paint Chips