Tiny White Bumps on a Cat's Head

My cat has had ear mites recently and had to have surgery to remedy the problem from these mites. It created a huge hematoma that draining fix. He has been treated for these mites by a vet. He gets very tiny bumps up around his head and shoulder area. These aren't bumps on the skin, they are located in the hair down by the skin so I can scrap them away with my nail.

He doesn't seem to be bothered a bit when I do this (many times not even noticing I have done it). I have tried looking at the bumps and it looks like a tiny bit of white scab attached to the hair, not a real bump at all. What could be causing this? He is not shaking or scratching his head. I can't see inside his problem ear since the ear flap is almost entirely closed from the surgery. (The vet said this happens in some of those surgeries and although strange looking, it is not a problem.) Anyone ever heard of these bumps? What could it be?

By Blondrosecat from Cedar Bluff, VA

I've been reading about some parasites being brought in by illegal immigrants from Third World nations and that burrow into the skin, much as tick's do but smaller. I'd try a coal tar shampoo first, and rinse VERY well, using none around the head or rectal area. Then I'd go with the shampoo for humans for lice and mites. The pet shampoos are entirely too expensive, and don't work well, I hear? A friend of mine used Neem shampoo on herself after trying everything and it worked perfectly! Good luck and God bless you. : )

I think your vet should take a look to be sure what they are before trying any home remedies for something you don't know for sure what they are!

Pets CatsJuly 20, 2009
Tiny Bow
Making a Tiny Bow
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:42:22 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.