Father's Day Remote Holder

I helped my kids make these remote holders for Father's Day gifts. They are a fun gift that can be on display all year long and lend a "helping hand" to someone special!

Approximate Time: About 1 hr.

• 1 yd. lightweight denim fabric (yields up to 5 holders)
  • fabric paint
  • puff paint
  • Ad
  • sewing machine
  • pins
  • blue thread
  • scissors
  • tape measure
  • paint brush
  • pencil

Instructions:

1. Prewash and iron your fabric.
  2. Lay your fabric out and mark out a 10 1/2 inch strip, lengthwise, with the grain. The strip will measure 10 1/2 inches x 36 inches. (You can make up to 5 holders from one yard of fabric.)
  3. On one end of the strip turn the edge under (wrong sides together) to make a 1/2 inch hem. On the other end, the pocket end, turn the fabric up (right sides together) to make a 1/2 inch hem. Pin your seams in place and then sew them. Tie off your thread ends.
  4. Ad

5. On the "pocket end" fold the fabric up (right sides together) 7 inches to form the pocket. Pin in place.
  6. On the long edges of the holder, turn edges under to make a 1/2 inch hem. Pin in place and sew them. Tie off your thread ends.
  7. Iron all of your hems flat. Then snip the hem corners off at an angle, this helps it lay flatter.
  8. On the pocket, measure to the mid-line. Lightly mark with a pencil. Sew from the bottom of your pocket to the top, along the mid-line marks. Next either back stitch or tie off your thread ends. This creates two compartments for your remote controls.
  9. Ad

10. Now you are ready to decorate. I chose to put my kids' hand prints on the holders using fabric paint. I put paint on their hands using a paintbrush and then helped them put their hand prints onto the pocket. I used puff paint to write "Happy Father's Day" on the pocket.
  11. Remember to let your holder dry flat for at least 24 hours!
  12. Optional: You can add a small pocket to the other end and add rice, beans, or sand to keep it from sliding off the couch.

Chairback Caddy
Making a Chair Caddy
Holidays and Parties Father's Day CraftsJune 16, 2009
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
Girl with Homemade Father's Day Card
Homemade Father's Day Cards
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
🎉
🎄