ScrapbookingPaper

Starting a Summer Scrapbook

I really want to start a scrapbook for the summer as a new project with my friends and I. i have never done this before and I know a lot of you are experts at it! If anyone could give me tips and hints on how to develop it or how i should create it I would love that! Please, don't be shy :) Thanks for your help!

Natasha from Ontario=

First pick a size scrapbook you want to use. They have 12x12, 6x6 etc. I found some at my local Dollar General for only $2. Decide on a theme...do you like girly-girl, vintage, summer, etc? Once you have these 2 things decided, you can start getting stickers, die cuts, glitter glue, pattern paper, etc. I have also found these things at my local Dollar General. Next, gather up all your photos & supplies, call up all your friends, and have a crop night! Each friend can decorate a page or two for your book, in the theme of your choice.

Have Fun!

I just started doing small scrap books for the year. I Buy the photo albums that fit the 4x4 or 3x5 pics. And I simply put in the first page, the year, and mabe what we have planned for vacation. Then every time I develop a roll of film I put in the pics, mabe write a little note or caption as to what the pics were from. The pics slip easily into the album and its small and easy to store. You can put in ticket stubs, and other things you may have picked up from your vacations. I have also decorated the front from time to time, used all the neat scrap booking stuff that is out there to use. And sometimes I just put in the pics. AT the end of the year I write up a little page or two of what we did all year or all summer, adding in special b-day dates, anniversarys, events ect...

It is very exciting to start a project like that this summer. My name is Vivian Perez-Espinosa and I own a scrapbook store in Florida. I get many customers with similar ideas in mind. Eventhough scrapbooking can become addictive you have to take it slowly. Organize your pictures then eliminate the bad and similar ones. You only want to scrap the best ones. Consider taking a class at a local scrapbook store where you can learn new techniques that will later help you develop your own stlye.Learn how to use different products that will help you get the job done quickly.Buy a scrapbook magazine and mark the layouts you like and copy them if you want. Scraplifting is not a crime. Best of luck to you!!