Making a Scrapbook Paper Flower Bouquet
Decorate your home with a bright spring bouquet made with colorful scrapbook papers. This is a guide about making a scrapbook paper flower bouquet
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The spring colors of this bouquet will brighten up a wintry day and bring a little sunshine into someone's home. Scrapbook papers, pink textured cardstock and painted bamboo skewers were used to create this bouquet.
- petal pot
- spray paint in light pink
- acrylic paint in apple green
- 10" bamboo skewers
- Styrofoam floral block
- scrapbook papers
- green and pink textured cardstock
- 1" scallop circle punch
- 1/8" satin ribbon - dot green
- hot glue
- glue stick
- 2 chipboard flowers (used as template)
- paper shreds
- paint brush
- Protect work area with newspapers. Spray paint petal pot pink and allow to dry.
- Paint bamboo skewers green. Allow to dry.
- Cut as many flowers as you require from pink cardstock and scrapbook papers using the chipboard flowers as template.
- Use 1 inch scallop circle punch, to punch circle shapes from cardstock (green and pink) and scrapbook papers. Glue circle paper at the center of each flower.
- Center a button on each flower with a dot of hot glue.
- Cut various sizes of bamboo skewer. Use hot glue or double-sided tape to adhere paper flowers to one side of the bamboo skewer.
Note: You can add two flowers on each piece of skewer (front and back).
- Then tie ribbon bow around bamboo skewer.
- Cut floral foam to fit into petal pot. Adhere it to the center bottom of pot with a hot glue. Stick bamboo skewer (with paper flowers) into foam.
- Arrange paper shreds to cover foam.
- Attach a personalized tag with small foam adhesive.
Sources: Ready-to-go! Blank Board Decor (Mini Petal Pots); Krylon Spray Paint Satin (Ballet Slipper); Delta acrylic paint; Styrofoamflorals.com; Martha Stewart scallop circle punch
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA
March 28, 20110 found this helpful
I love this. It looks cute enough to brighten any corner for Easter. Thanks.