Lemon Tree Not Blooming or Producing Lemons

I have a mini Meyers lemon tree. It will produce flowers, but then they fall off. I have had this tree for about 4 years, but have had no lemons. It is in a large planter. It is now putting out new leaves, but I want lemons. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

By Debi from Minnesota, MN

Best Answer

My guess is it needs more light. I would get a full spectrum bulb to put over it. I would make sure it gets full light for 12-14 hours a day. Check its fertilizer and make sure it is not over or underfed.

Best Answer

I received a tip last year to take a paintbrush and gently paint or dab each flower to transfer pollen. It seemed to have worked since lemons grew on my tree last year. Hope this helps.

I found this online I hope it helps:

I have a tree that I was told was a meyer lemon it never puts on blooms I have had it for 3 Years. The leaves smell like lemon when you crumble them in your hand.

Lemon and blossoms on tree
Lemon Tree Not Blooming or Producing Fruit
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJanuary 18, 2011
Meyers lemons in canning jars.
Canning Lemons
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree