Training AdviceDogs

Scaredy Dog?

My name is Amanda, I have 2 sweet little terripoo's, one boy, one girl. We have had them for about 4-5 months now and when we first got them, they would not come near us. After a few days they started to become curious and after about a week or two they settled down a bit.

They still are absolutely terrified of everything. Whenever I take them for a walk, they just freak out at anything that moves or speaks. The girl, Bettie, even has little accidents because she is so scared, and the boy, Willie, gets aggressive when around other dogs. I NEED HELP! Anyone know how to chill my dogs out?

Thanx for your help,
A_Chick

You have to set the example for them....don't coddle or sympathize you only reinforce their behaviour....firmly, unhesitateingly walk into the 'storm' with little dog by your side. When he marches beside you without complaining...then praise him....

Also expose him to everything...the more exposure the better he will become accustom to whatever the future holds for him.

Our little Yorkie is male and scaredy cat....he is one

tiny spoiled doggie with the attitude of a 10foot Bear. He barks at anything, yet he climbs up to

my hubby's chest and shakes like a big baby. My husb was falling for it, I was the meanie. 2 months later he is re-adjusted. His yelps were high pitched shrieks and I did not give in. I just carried a tin with coins and shook it at him. Once he found the tin unattended and barked at it! To get him to stop barking at people walking by the UPS guy I just squirted him with water bottle, they are VERY smart.

They really have to know YOU are the boss. and we

put doggie in kennel for an hour a day I do housework and he sleeps in it. He sleeps with us

and sometimes during day he will run and hide in his kennel and he has a Jack Russell Terrier that keeps him on his toes.

My best tip,

some little 12 year old girls would come by and play with him for an hour or two on the lawn and he got used to lots of kids and soon they would bring their big dog and the Yorkie just played and quit acting so tough. He bit the big doggies ear and the big doggie just growled and Yorkie peed on himself and now they are best friends.