Aspirin and Lemon for Acne

contest winner icon

I wanted to share a tip I found out about for skin care and blackheads. I have a terrible problem with blackheads on my nose and chin, even though I exfoliate. It seems no matter what I use, I have trouble in this area. I'm a 54 year old female and have had hormonal blemishes since I was 30.

I crushed 4 regular aspirin and mixed them with the juice of a quarter of a fresh lemon. It foamed a little and had a grainy texture. Then I scrubbed it on my clean face, concentrating on my t-zone. I rinsed my face and when I looked at my nose, my pores were clear and clean of blackheads. I don't understand what happened or how it worked. I don't know if they'll come back, but they were gone. My pores still showed of course, this didn't reduce my pore size at all. But my pores were clean for the first time in a long time. I've even gone for professional peels and had no luck with getting rid of blackheads. I don't know how long it will last either, but I was happy with the results.

I hope it works for you if you try it. It was easy and cheap. I think the lemon had a lot to do with it because I've used crushed aspirin by themselves mixed with water before and didn't have these results. Good luck!

If you're allergic to aspirin, I would not use this scrub if I were you.

By metroplex from Houston, TX

What a great find! I think you might find that using baking soda, fine salt and lemon juice would be a natural option if you don't want to use aspirin but even although you have combination skin, please moisturize with a non pore blocking lotion or you will end up with very dry skin. Another great skin clean is green clay masks, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil to the powder and mix them up with a little hot water, a warm mask is then applied as you lie in the bath. Drinking calendula flowers made into an infusion is a great hormone balancer and tastes nice too. Pamper yourself!

The active ingredient is probably the acid in the lemon juice. It changes the pH of your skin, which you may need. I'm going to try it myself. Thanks for posting your tip.

Thanks for sharing, I will try this myself. Terri :)

If you have trouble with blackheads and / or pimples, don't wash with soap. This made a big difference to my skin.

Thanks for this, Metroplex! Reading others responses and suggestions was also great. I wish Id known you all or had access to this information when it was a problem for me, but now that Im (thankfully) past that, I would like to proffer one small suggestion: instead of dealing with just the symptoms, consider the causes. If your food intake includes cheese, butter, margarine, fried foods of any kind, potato chips / crisps, chocolate, bacon, mayonnaise  these could all be contributing factors. Eat more (raw) fruit and vegetables (without dips or sugar coating), restrict fat intake and drink 8 ounces of water for each 20 lbs on your scale (daily)? Youll find the skin problems markedly less troublesome.

Preventing Acne, Young Woman washing her face
Preventing Acne
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne PreventionFebruary 28, 2011
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
🎄
🍂