Dachshund Losing Hair on Ears - Categories:

DachshundDog Breeds

Dachshund Losing Hair on Ears

My Dachshund is losing hair only on her ears. What could be the problem?

Valerie from Columbia South Carolina

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

My sister's dachshund had this same problem. The vet told her it was a circulation problem where not enough was getting to the ears. Are her ears real cold? they gave her something for it and the hair grew back some. I will get in touch with my sister and see if I can find out more about this. E-mail me at turp@cableusa and I will let you know what I find out. Shirley in So California

Have you had her ears checked for ear mites?

They would scratch at their ears for this (even at night), and fur come off.

Mange (Caused by a mite) could cause loss of fur

check with your vet

We had the same problem with our dog and the vet said it was a mite. Treatment requires medication prescribed by the vet.

I am interested in adopting a Dachshund that we found out has Demodex. The current owner has him on medicine from the vet but my concern is that the investation won't resolve. Has anyone had problems with demodex not resolving, or has anyone had a Dachshund where the mange cleared up? How long should I expect it to take to clear, as it has already been on treatment for ~2 months.

My dachshund is also loosing hair on her ears but they are very tender and warm. She is also shaking a lot and itching herself. The vet has done all sorts of tests and still nothing. He is supposing it's an allergy but the medicine isn't clearing anything up, and I am seriously getting worried.

My chihuahua is also losing hair on his ears and they are cold. My vet says next step would be a biopsy requiring taking a notch out of his ear. He says it might be a circulatory problem in his capillaries from the brain. What did your sister's vet say?

Pets Dogs Dog Breeds DachshundApril 23, 2006
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:30:59 PM on 10.0.1.157 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.