Homemade Solution for Rough Skin

I have tried so many hand moisturizing treatments. I think I have read and tried a lot of the suggestions on this site, too.

My hands are so rough within minutes of taking the gloves I've slept in off, they look and feel terrible. My husband has the smoothest hands. Likely, my kids got that gene from him, but it just isn't fair. I am trying to grow my own nails after 15 years of having acrylics on, so I am super self-conscience now. Any thoughts?

By Tiffany from Winter Garden, FL

I know how you feel sister! Mine used to do the same thing, but I've started doing is once a month. I get Vaseline and rub it on my hands and put socks over top of them and sleep like that and your hands stay soft for a long time. I just do it every month because I want to make sure they stay soft. I hope I've helped :)

Crisco shortening is supposed to be doctor recommended..rub it all the way in, though to keep from being greasy. A small amount will do! Robyn

The dermatologist advised my husband, who suffers from psoriasis, to soak his hands in whole milk 30 minutes a day. Then pat them dry and apply a quality hand lotion such as Cutemol. Also, we have had some success in applying a salve called "Bag Balm" to his hands and then putting on white cotton gloves overnight.

Hope this helps.

I have been using organic coconut oil as a hand lotion and body lotion and it works great and is inexpensive.

December 22, 2009 Flag

For rough skin try 1 part witch hazel and 2 parts glycerin. My husband likes this during the winter when his hands crack.

By RoseMary

Answers:

Homemade Solution for Rough Skin

Mix olive oil with salt. You can also mix sugar and honey, but that can lead to ants in the shower! (11/11/2005)

By Laura

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Dry SkinDecember 22, 2009
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Running Rough
Smoothing Rough Edges
Smoothing Rough Edges on Glass and Plastic Crafts
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 12:14:44 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.