Riding Mower Running Rough

Category Lawn Mowers
The engine in your mower should run smoothly, if it is running rough, it is time for some maintenance. This is a guide about riding mower running rough.

My Snapper 285z seems lately to run strong when the blade is engaged and I'm mowing, but when I disengage the blades it runs very rough and sometimes dies. It then takes a good while before I can restart it. Once I restart it, it will then run rough again until I engage the blades then it again will run good until I disengage the blades again then it runs very rough again.

Answers

If this is a mower, put some Sea Foam in the gas and go cut grass. It's getting gas when it works hard but otherwise it's struggling. The Sea Foam is a carb. cleaner.

It is five years old and has been great mower. I started mowing, stopped for ten minutes and restarted. It puffed out black smoke and didn't want to run right. It miss fired and didn't want to rev up when the throttle was adjusted.

By Jerry from Garrett, IN