Frosting and IcingCakes

Fondant Chocolate Cake

I'm making a wedding cake and would like to know how to make white fondant chocolate color and flavoring. Can anyone help me with this? I have searched the wilton site and can't find what I need to know. I have a 3 tier square cake to do, she wants the top and bottom tier in brown/chocolate fondant and the middle in light green. I've bought a large 80 ounce box of fondant and would like to know how much of what to use to make it look and taste like chocolate. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Chas from MV

Have you tried CakeCentral.com? There's a lot of information there and you can ask questions and get great replies.

I don't know a thing about fondant except what I've seen the professional chefs do on the food network and the cakes are so beautiful. It looks like you do the coloring during the kneading process. Hopefully these sites may help a bit. Good luck and be sure to post some pictures!

http://www.baki  akes_fondant.htm

http://www.baki  ting/tinting.htm

http://whatscoo  ingFondantQA.htm

i would try and just add cocoa powder to it, and if you need it more brown, add some wilton brown coloring to it.....

Youtube.com is great for learning to make great cakes! if you type in how to make MM fondant, you will earn how to make marshmallow fondant and it cost like $2-$4, you need powdered sugar, tiny marshmallows and a microwave! And there is someone on there called "TakemyAdvice101" or "TakeMyAdvice" not sure, will teach you how to make the tastiest cakes! Good luck!